Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We had a great day! It was just Sam and me and the boys. A nice quite family dinner. Grant was feeling better and loved the "gobble gobble" as he called the turkey. Regan and Ethan and Ian also enjoyed all the food and family time. The twins loved their Chocolate pie that I made, it is Nonna's recipe that I have finally started making right.

My mom's chocolate pie is one of my FAVORITE deserts of all time. When I was still living at home mom taught me how to make it, I would have to say, I did a pretty good job on it. Then once I moved out and started living on my own, I always made it atleast once a year but something just seemed off. I think every time I made it, I would say something to Sam like, "Wow, it really is sweet. I really don't remember it being this sweet." So almost two years ago when my mom came up for Regan's birth, she asked me what I wanted for my birthday cake. I said chocolate pie. And she asked if I had the recipe handy and of course I did. She started reading it and all of sudden goes, "No, Kayce it doesn't have sweetened milk in it. It is supposed to be PET milk." So for over 10 years I had been making it with sweetened milk instead of evaporated milk. So in the Thanksgiving spirit, I am very thankful that my mom came up for a visit and finally figured out what was wrong with my chocolate pie! It taste so much better! And I think this year's chocolate pie was the best yet!!

Here are a couple of pictures of Grant and Regan wearing Grant's "Gobble Gobble" hat from school.

Grant Russell

Regan Samuel

1 comment:

Lydia Siegel said...

Glad to hear you all had a nice thanksgiving. Now Im hungry for some chocolate pie!