Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring

Hi friends and family!

Yes, I know I have been bad about updating this blog. Part of me blames it on my computer. (The other part is me, yes, I know it is hard to believe that!) The computer went and completely filled up on me. Yep, I can not load any more pictures, download music, or even jokes because the computer is completely full! I guess I take too many pictures. I am hoping to clean up the computer soon. For Christmas, Sam got me a 1 terabyte external hard drive. So I will be transferring all my pictures over to that...one of these days. And as soon as I do that I will be able to post pictures again!

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, it is time to update y'all on our family. Spring is our busy season! From February to June, it is CRAZY around here! The end of February brought us Grant's 5th birthday. He was so excited about turning five. He had a great, low key birthday. And got all kinds of new toys and money! It is so hard to believe that he is now 5 and will be starting kindergarten next year. In fact, Grant is all signed up and ready to start kindergarten in the fall. He can not wait to ride the bus and go to "the boys" (the twins) school. Too bad they will be going to Jr. High...ugh! Grant is taking the season off from sports. We were going to do swimming lessons during the spring but when I went to sign Regan and Grant up at noon on the day it opened, ALL the classes were full!

February also brought us Sam and mine's (is that right??) 11th Anniversary and 13 years that we have been together. It gets better and better every year. I am so grateful for all that Sam has brought to my life and I look forward to many many more years together!

March brought us something new to our lives. LACROSSE!! The twins have started playing it this year and LOVE it!!! It is a great combination of soccer, hockey, and kinda basketball. We are all enjoying learning about lacrosse. A couple of weeks ago we went to The Day of Rivals at Raven's Stadium. It was a long day, 3 full college games of lacrosse (two of them went into overtime), but a lot of fun. That helped us all learn more about lacrosse. The twins are picking up on the game really fast! Both are starting, Ethan is playing defense and Ian goes back and forth between defense and middie. I have really enjoyed watching them pick up a new sport, (that lets admit..not too many Texans know about)that they didn't know that much about. I look forward to watching them grow in this sport. I think they will be playing it for many more seasons!!! Grant has enjoyed it so much that he wants to play too. He has to wait until he is in kindergarten to play though. And Regan loves to pick up our fiddle sticks (smaller lacrosse sticks) and playing.

Next month is going to be a little crazy, it always is! There are birthdays galore in April in our family. My little sister's birthday is April 12, my "little sister" (my sister's best friend) Kari's is April 13, my cousin Lauren's is April 16, Regan's 3rd birthday is April 19, the twins' 11th birthday is April 23, my 31st birthday is April 27th and my cousin Michael's is April 29. So like I said....it will be a little crazy!!

Hope everyone has a great and blessed Easter. We start our Spring Break tomorrow too. Thursday I think we are heading to the indoor water "park" in Germantown. Friday we do not have anything planned. Saturday will be spent all day at the University of Maryland looking around the campus, tailgating and watching the Maryland vs Virginia lacrosse game. Sunday we are heading to Hershey, PA for the night. Not sure what all we will be doing there but I am sure Chocolate World is in our plans!! We will be back Monday night and Tuesday will be a relaxing day to get the kids ready for school on Wed. I promise pictures will follow soon!!! hopefully!! haha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, and I thought I was outnumbered with my hubby, our two boys & our boy yorkie. Thanks for coming by today!